new super fine bouquet
Clubs of America | Jun 17, 2016
This month we are so proud to ship the wonderful New Super Fine Bouquet to our members. The collection features some of the finest and most unique elements that come from the exotic tropical rain forests of the world. These were grown especially for you on the beautiful Hawaiian Islands.
The bouquet contains two stunning flowers from the Heliconia family: the Tropic Fleur, a native of Central and South America; and the Psittacorum from Puerto Rico.
We have included an elegant stem of Red Ginger to add in the lush red color. This Alpinia Purpurata is native to and continues to be grown on the lush tropical islands of the South Pacific.
The serenely exotic beauty of the Dendrobium Orchids contrasts with the colors of the other flowers in this collection. Dendrobium encompasses a huge genus of orchids whose origins trace back to the tropical rain forests of Southeast Asia. This particular cultivar was created especially for the Hawaiian export market by the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
The various colors of the assortment of Anthurium finishes your arrangement with dazzling colors. With historic roots in Central and South America, it was commercially adapted by immigrants to Hawaii.
Lastly, we have added one stem of the elegant Phoenix Palm, as well as Massangeana foliage as the perfect backdrop. This New Super Fine Bouquet from Hawaii never ceases to impress recipients.
HOW LONG A FLOWER LASTS DEPENDS ON:
1) How and when the flowers are harvested: Your flowers are cut in the early morning and soaked in a special solution to prepare for shipping. They are cut before they bloom so they will travel better.
2) Time: We ship overnight, bypassing long stops at both the wholesalers and the florists!
3) Hospitality: If you follow the instructions at the right, it will make a BIG difference!
SPECIAL CARE & HANDLING OF YOUR NEW SUPER FINE BOUQUET
YOU CAN COUNT ON A LONG-LASTING BOUQUET BY HANDLING IT PROPERLY:
1) Do NOT refrigerate!
2) Cut all stems a generous 1/2″ on an angle under water, and remove all lower foliage that will fall below the water line. Use a very sharp knife to prevent stem damage.
3) After trimming, immerse the entire bouquet in room temperature water for about 5 minutes to refresh.
4) Fill your floral vase with room temperature fresh water and arrange as you like.
5) Trim another 1/4″ off each stem and change the water every 2 days to ensure your bouquet will continue to flourish. You may also gently mist the flower heads daily to help them retain their vibrancy. Please add the enclosed plant food.