careful handling is key for great cheese flavor!
Clubs of America | Mar 01, 2016
No matter what kind of pizza, it’s a given that it will include some type of cheese. While Mozzarella is synonymous with pizza, any mellow cheese that has a good melting capacity is a qualified candidate. Pizza makers don’t limit themselves, as they experiment with different kinds, styles, flavors and textures. It’s not a matter of what’s best. It’s what you like!
• Unpasteurized cheese in a range of flavors is never sliced until it is actually sold, as it starts to lose its subtle flavors and aromas once it is sliced and exposed to the air.
• Store cheese wrapped in wax paper to let the air circulate, and then place it in an oversized food bag, which keeps it from drying out. It is usually not a good idea to wrap real cheese in cling-type plastic wrap, as the living organisms in cheese need air to survive.
• Cold-stored cheese is more flavorful when warmed up a bit before serving. Even the aroma develops as its temperature rises. Under normal circumstances, allow cheese to sit at room temperature for 1-1/2 to 2 hours before serving.
• Never store cheese with other strong-smelling foods (for example cauliflower, onions or fish), as the cheese will absorb the other odors; but onions and cheese are nearly inseparable when paired on top of your favorite style of pizza (especially when it’s from your favorite Pizza of the Month Club)!
• Cheese, an integral part of a healthy diet and a kitchen staple, appears in tens of thousands of recipes. It can be made from the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, horses, sheep, and even camels. Never tasted goat cheese? I’ll bet you’ll become a fan once you’ve had a few bites of this month’s 3 Cheese Gourmet Pizza. It’s made with lots of Mozzarella, Gorgonzola and real Goat Cheese!
Take a Close Look at this Month’s Pizza Selections . .
#1 – 3 CHEESE GOURMET PIZZA
Get your CHEESE on! This selection includes generous portions of Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, and Goat Cheese. The sauce is The Gourmet Pizza Club’s signature tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, spices, Romano, oils and a kiss of Chablis wine.
#2 – MORNING FEAST GOURMET PIZZA
This deep dish pan crust is topped with your favorite Pizza of the Month Club’s signature tomato sauce (with onions, garlic, spices, Romano, oils and Chablis). Then perfectly spiced pork sausage, onions, mushrooms and mozzarella are added, finishing the main course for your morning (or lunch, or dinner, or supper) meal!
#3 – ROASTED CHICK GOURMET PIZZA
Tender roasted spiced chicken and spinach are crowned with our Garlic sauce, made with olive and corn oils, garlic, cayenne pepper, and spiced Romano cheese. That’s one decked out chick!