garlic: what good is it?
Clubs of America | Jul 06, 2015
It’s a rare pizza that has an ingredient list with no mention of garlic. Most of us just happen to like the garlic punch flavor, and you may feel (as I do) that the probable physiological effects are just the frosting on the cake! Below is a partial list of garlic’s physical effects on our bodies. The studies (by competent scientists holding multiple degrees) believe that beyond any reasonable doubt, garlic can and will:
• Lower both blood pressure and LDL (considered “bad”) cholesterol a beneficial bit.
• Successfully help reduce plaque build-up in our arteries, known as atherosclerosis. Some studies show the effect is more dramatic in women than men.
• Provide strong antiviral and anti-fungal properties.
• Not only regulate, but also lower blood sugar.
• Can reduce the risk of strokes and thrombosis because garlic inhibits the formation of blood clots.
• May actually prevent cancer of the digestive system by preventing certain tumors from forming and/or growing, while reducing the size of other types.
• Garlic acts as a magnet, helping to remove accumulations of heavy metals such as lead and mercury from our bodies.
• One of nature’s most potent antibiotics, it can eradicate some strains of “super bug” bacteria immune to modern antibiotics.
• Has antioxidant properties and is a source of needed selenium.
• Will dramatically reduce yeast infections due to Candida species.
The list of psychological effects is much shorter: It can create strong cravings, and will increase appetites.
Take a Close Look at this Month’s Chicago Deep Pan Crust Pizza Selections:
#1 STEAK GC GOURMET PIZZA
Roll up your sleeves and dive into this deep dish pizza made with spiced skirt steak, Gorgonzola cheese and plum tomatoes. Comes completely assembled with our own Marinara sauce containing tomatoes, onions, carrots, spices, corn and olive oils and Chablis wine. (Hope they didn’t forget the garlic . . .)
#2 THREE CHEESE GOURMET PIZZA
This tantalizing dish is heavy with cheese: Gorgonzola, Goat Cheese and Mozzarella. The cheese flavors share the stage with everybody’s favorite, The Gourmet Pizza Club’s perfectly-spiced signature tomato sauce, complete with garlic.
#3 CHICKEN DELIGHT GOURMET PIZZA
Perfectly spiced chicken breast strips, spinach and Blue cheese share the spotlight with our very best garlic sauce. Our recipe calls for Olive and corn oils, garlic salt and powder, spices, and Romano cheese. Chicken never tasted so good!